Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Geez....

I cannot believe that my last post was in October when Max first rolled over! We have seen so many milestones come and go since then...Max now has teeth (8 of them!), he crawls, he talks ("Mama" and "Da-da"), he plays hide and seek, he eats anything that doesn't try to eat him first...the list goes on and on!

I got inspired to post tonight because we had a funny incident. Max tried to eat his first bug. Yes, my beautiful, sweet baby boy tried to eat a moth. We were playing on the floor (as usual), when I noticed Max chomping away on something. I jokingly said, "Are you over there eating bugs?" When I put my finger in his mouth, I expected to find some small piece of lint or a piece of thread. To my horror, it was something large and somewhat slimy. I calmed myself by saying, "I guess you saved a piece of food from dinner!" However, there was no calming me when I managed to extract the foreign object from his mouth. It was HUGE! I had a Silence of the Lambs flashback for a moment...I shrieked and flung the saliva-covered pest away from me, which of course, scared Max to death. He started crying and clinging to me. I felt so bad! We had a few minutes of cuddling to help him feel better. When I put him down on the ground, my hand brushed over something cold and wet. I looked at his leg, and there was the stupid thing stuck to his pants! It was the half-eaten moth that refused to go away! I decided to save it in a napkin to show Mark when he got home. After he got a look at it, he laughed and asked me if I was okay. I have to admit, it was a little traumatizing. I guess I should get used to it...he is a little boy after all!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! LOL!

    Welcome back to the blogging world! Can't wait to hear more funny stories about Max!

    ReplyDelete